Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How fengshui can affect a business

When I have to trim my hair, I would always go back to the same salon which I have been patronizing since my poly days. It has been like more than a decade, the reason why I keep going back to the salon is because I am comfortable with the place and the people there. Nothing much has changed for the last few years except business is not as glamourous as in the past.

I can still remember that in the past, the salon was always packed with customers, and the waiting time was always very long. At one point of the time, business was so good that the lady boss even opened another branch in Marina Square. But those were the days, the outlet in Marina Square is no longer there. Nowadays, I hardly have to wait for more than 15 minutes for my turn to have my hair trimmed.

There were times, I wondered why business had changed so much. Was it due to boss's luck cycle? Or fengshui in the salon has changed? But there again, nothing much has changed in the salon setup for the last few years! I could even see some of furniture fixtures were old and damaged, they were due for replacement.

I have to admit that in the past, I did not pay much attention to the salon exterior. I would always enter the salon and exit the salon in the fastest time as I could, as if there was no tomorrow. But one day, when I was walking from the car park to the salon, I saw one big tree standing right in front of the salon door, which is about less than 10 metre away from the door entrance. The answer to my doubt has finally revealed. Yes, is the big tree.

The fengshui of the salon has been affected by this big tree, the qi (energy) has been affected. In fengshui, door is the qi kou 气口. Therefore, it is important to note that a door should not have any form of obstruction in front of it. Just imagine, if there is a chopstick placed right in front of your mouth, would you be able to enjoy good food?

So if you want to enjoy good qi or good fengshui, just remember to keep the front portion of your door clean and tidy, and of course FREE from obstruction.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005