Friday, May 27, 2011

Choosing an auspicious date to start renovation.

During my younger days, I always wondered why people were so fussy of picking an auspicious date to start renovation. Back then, date selection was something least important to me, but my preception started to change when problems started to surface, not once but many incidents.

Let me share one of my experiences when I was working as a Project Manager. There was one project site which had a fengshui sitting on "Tai Sui - 太岁 " position. At that point of time, I already had fengshui knowledge and I knew that it was an "offence" to carry any form of activity in such position.

As that was a rush project, we had not much choices but to start work immediately, and we could forget about date selection. I knew that problem could arise if we were to carry out any work in "Tai Sui - 太岁" position, so what I could do was to give "special" instruction to my contractors - that no work was allowed in "Tai Sui - 太岁" position till further instruction from me.

At that point of time, I was handling two projects at two different sites, hence I could not put much attention to that project which had the "Tai Sui - 太岁" position. To cut the story short, when I finally got the chance to visit the site, I got a shock of my life! My contractor did not heed my instruction, they went ahead to build partition (dry wall) on that "Tai Sui - 太岁" position. And that dry wall was almost done when I saw it. Guess what happened next? We were told to tear down the whole partition!

Despite that the project had very tight construction schedule, we did not have any chance to convince my client to keep that partition, and we had to tear it down! If only my contractor had heed my advise to delay that construction on that portion, such thing would not have happened! Or an auspicious date was chosen to start our work, maybe that problem could have avoided!

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005