Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Exercise

Of late, alot of people that I know of, are on some forms of exercise programme. Initially when I got to know some of my friends who were on exercise programme, I felt rather strange. I asked myself, "Why out of sudden people are getting health conscience?" Especially those who have never done any exercise before, start to go gym?

Keeping fit should be regard as something good but bear in mind over doing it may not be healthy. Let me share with you one incident which happened to my friend. This friend of mine, was a chubby person when I first got to know him, he used to eat alot and a happy-go-lucky person.

Due to our busy work schedule, we did not keep in touch for quite some time. Just a few month back, I had the chance to meet him again, but when I saw him, I almost could not recognise him! He was no longer chubby as what he used to be, he had become muscular. He even looked fit!

Then came the shocking news, he had stroke just a couple of weeks ago! And he is just only 33 year old! How could such a thing happened to a young and fit person? But the fact which I did not know that, my friend was on medication before he started his gym programme. After he has successful reduced his weight, he thought he could discard all his high blood pressure medication and presumed that he could live without on medication anymore. But the sad thing is his high blood pressure problem did not go away even he had shed more of his fats!

So the thing is, if you want to keep fit, please remember to start at a moderate level. Even if you think you have successful achieving your goal of keeping fit, and if you are still on medication, please consult a doctor before you stop taking your medication.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005