Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To all oyster lovers

I never liked oysters when I was much younger. I still can remember the first time I had raw oyster, it was at my Aunty's shop. She bought a pack of 1/2 dozen of fresh oysters from a supermarket at Taka. The oysters did not look appealing to me, let alone about the taste. The moment of eating fresh oysters was not something that I really enjoyed and frankly speaking I did not dare to eat fresh oysters till some time later.

It was year 2000, when I visited my friend, Andy, in Sydney. Andy being a good host, brought me to Sydney Fish market with all his buddies. There we were, ordered dozens of fresh oysters and cooked prawns. And there was not much of choice of food, so I decided to give a try again -eating fresh oyster. The first slip of oyster fresh was fantasy! Never knew that fresh oysters could be so delicious, was it because the oysters were fresh from sea which made them so delicious? Anyway, since then onwards I started to love oysters, especially fresh oysters.

Back in Singapore, whenever I had international buffet fare, the first dish that I would go for would be fresh oysters. And my record is 18 fresh oysters at one go, when my lunch companions saw the numbers of oysters I had, the quantity was good enough to make them to raise their eye brow!

Now, whenever I have the chance to eat fresh oysters, I would not miss out the chance. Okay, let me present you the fresh oysters photos which I took it not long ago at Sydney fish market. Enjoy!

Can you find cheap fresh big oysters in Singapore, such as those shown here in this photo?


One of the shops in Sydney Fish Market, this is the shop which I bought most of my oysters.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005