Monday, April 12, 2010

Houses by riverside



Houses by the riverside, is that your dream house? Looking at the 2 photos above, I think I have fallen in love with those lovely houses! So are houses next to riverside good or bad? Before I share my points, I would like to tell you a short story about my Project Manager who shared with me about houses' fengshui next to a river.

When I just started work more than ten years ago, my Project Manager who was at that point of time buying a property, he shared with me that houses next to riverside were not good in term of fengshui! He explained that river water had smell and it was consider unhealthy to breath those unpleasant smell, and on bad days, one may encounter dead animals in the river. So he was right, river water do have smell and sometimes dead animals do surface on the water, these may consider "bad". Apart from that, river water may overflow during heavy downpour! I have to remind you again, these pointers from my Project Manager were more than ten years ago!

If you were to visit any of our rivers now, you would have noticed that our rivers are mostly converted to water catchment areas. In other words, our rivers are our water reservoirs now! Therefore, problems such as smell and rubbish were already history! And talking about river water overflow, so far have you heard any? I do not think I ever heard of any such incidents!

Now, without those issues, can we say that fengshui is good for houses that are next to river? Well, in fengshui, we talk about "Water theory". To determine whether a house next to a river is good or not, Masters would observe the river water flow direction. If the water flow towards a correct and auspicious direction, it will bring good fortune to the house occupants. And on the other hand, if the water flows in wrong direction, it may bring bad luck to the house occupants! So remember to seek a Master's advise before buying the house. Good luck!

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005