Sunday, May 9, 2010

Marina Bay Sands

Finally, I got the chance to visit the newly opened Marina Bay Sands. I must say that this place is really huge and beautiful. I like the buildings design and ambiance, I bet this place is going to be a romantic place to visit during night falls.

While exploring this new buildings, I saw one interesting object which looks like a big "bowl" in front of the building, facing CBD skyline.


Thumb-up for this unique design, do not know what is the actual name for this. Can you find the hole in the centre of the "bowl"? Did you wonder what is this hole for? Well, I did... I wondered what was the purpose of that hole...So I went to "investigate".

This is what I saw at the basement. Judging from the design, I guess the hole on the "bowl" is used to collect water above and forms a water fall to the water catchment below. Very interesting design! I wonder is there a purpose behind it?

And that's not all, there is even a "river" and bridges built along this "river".

Talking about bridge, it has reminded me my trip in Suzhou - Zhou Zhuang, there are alot of bridges in Zhou Zhuang (See photo below).

Anyway, back to the "river" at MBS, I followed this river and guess where did it lead me to?

Below is the final point of the "river". Make a guess, why the river final point is here? To find out more, you can pay a visit to MBS.
I must say that this is a creative and smart way of bringing water to this point. For your information, in fengshui, water is believed to be a source of wealth.
Okay, if you are going there soon. I wish you happy shopping there. I bet you are going to love this place as much as I do. Will visit this place more when I have the time, to enjoy the good positive energy there. Good luck to all!

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005