Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Kelong Experience - Kukup

It has been long time since I last visited this place - Kukup. I guess my last visit was sometime back last year or so. Still remember I wrote an article on Weekend Getaway in September? I mentioned that there are many resorts in Kukup which one could book and stay for a night?

Finally I have my chance to come back here again. To visit this nice quiet fishing village and keep myself away from our busy city lifestyle for a short while.

Here are some of the photos during my stay there.

One of the resorts which you can find in kukup.

Waiting for my boat to come.

The new jetty, this jetty was not even built when I was there last year.






The blue floating platforms. Waiting to embark.


Welcome to Kelong. The fishing farm.


Fishes saying hello to me?

Have you been to Kelong before?

The challenging platform - got to watch out for your steps, one wrong step, one will end up swimming with the fishes!


Is feeding time - Look at the fishes, they were hunger for food.






This is a cute dog, she was supervising the visitors. Just to make sure none of us jump into the water.

One of the biggest fishes in the fish farm. According to the boss of the fish farm, this fish is easily weighted more than 10kg!!



A closer look on the big fish.



Time to leave the kelong. If you have not been to kelong before, I strongly you should try to visit one for at least once. Is a different kind of experience.













No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005