Tuesday, August 5, 2008

River

My friend asked me,"Did you notice in Australia, there will be river in every state?"



I paused for a while. Then I replied," Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth have river, but I cannot recall whether Adelaide has one or not?"


My friend answered me," Yes there is one in Adelaide." It was a shame that I could not remember Adelaide river even though I have been to Adelaide twice! The only 2 state that I could not answer were Tasmania and Canberra as I have not been to those places yet. But I was quite sure there wasn't any river in Northern Territory.




Anyway, the reason why rivers can be found in those places is because river was a form of transportation in the olden days. As for now, these rivers are still use for transportation. There are boats that are used to ferry people. In Brisbane, there have Citycat and I just found out that Sydney have rivercat! See photo.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005