Saturday, May 30, 2009

My ten days in Japan (Day 4)

I used to have this incomplete feeling when I walked past any travel agency, the Japan poster with the huge red shrine in the sea, look like a Japan trademark to me. So everytime when I saw that Red Shrine poster, I would tell myself that one of these days, I would pay a visit to that red shrine.
Finally, after so many years.... Now, I have the chance to see that Red Shrine in Miyajima, an island from Hiroshima. The ferry from Hiroshima to Miyajima is just only a ten minute ferry ride.



The huge red shrine during low tide. You can walk and touch the red huge beams.

In view of H1N1 virus outbreak, I took extra precaution by wearing a mask.


This photo was taken during high tide, the red shrine looks like submerged in the sea.

More than ten years ago, when I first visited Japan, I already had the intention to visit Hiroshima. But due to my tight schedule, I could not make it. And the sad thing is, my subsequent visits to Japan also did not permitted me to have the chance to visit Hiroshima.
However this time, I purposely planned my itinerary in such a way that I would have the chance to visit Hiroshima. Finally, I have my wish come true.
Visited the Hiroshima A-Dome building, I was quite sad after knowing that the effect of the A-bomb that would bring so much harm to people. Really hope that there will be no more wars in this earth, hope that everybody can make peace.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005