Friday, June 5, 2009

My ten days in Japan (Day 7 afternoon)

After staying in Chinatown for an hour or so, I still had the whole afternoon for myself . So I decided to go to a place which I have never been before.


The journey from Ishikawacho Station to Kamakura Station was about 25min or so, but to get to Kamakura Station, I had to change train at Ofuna station. Once I reached Kamakura Station, I hopped into a bus to bring me to Hokoku-ji Temple, which was a ten min bus ride which costs 190 Yen per person. And I was the only foreigner in the bus!




Reached my destination, Hokoku-ji Temple.


The notice board of Hokoku-ji Temple.


Here we are, the bamboo forget inside Hokoku-ji Temple, it costs 200 Yen per person to get into this forest. Think 200 Yen to see such a beautiful bamboo forest was really worth it.


If you pay 500 Yen, you will get to enjoy the green tea and at the same time enjoy the beauty of bamboo trees.






My next stop after Hokoku-ji Temple was Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine. Before I could get to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, I took the bus back to my starting point. Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine is just a stone's throw from Kamakura Station.

Kamakura Museum, which I did not visit. I gave it a miss due to lack of time.


The entrance to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine.

The main shopping street in Kamakura (Komachi-dori St.). If you have the chance to visit this place, you must not miss this place, is beautiful!


JR Kamakura Station.




Now is time for me to scratch my head again, how to find my way back to Tokyo - Shinjuku? For your information, some of the local have to rely on telecommunication devices (mobile phone service) to find the right train to take them to their destination. Haha... or maybe I was lucky that I could find my way back?


No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005